Wednesday, April 11, 2012

At Last…Cubby Update

Ok, this morning I have set out to update my blog. I realized that it has been almost a month since the last post. And I apologize for that. I have been busy trying to get the entrance finished. And I am sorry to say that it is still not completely done. But, before we get to that, let’s start where we left off, shall we?!
This is the last picture that I left you with. Our cubbies were built and the bench was built.
IMG_1884 (1024x768)
I did some Pinteresting and saw a lot of bead board projects that seemed to catch my eye. In my search for bead board, I found out that Home Depot sells bead board wallpaper. So off I went to buy myself some ‘lookin good-ness’. It was super easy to put on. The only thing I would do different next time is put the wallpaper up in one piece before building the cubby. It was very time consuming cutting all the little pieces. Oh well, it’s done and I am loving the ‘look’!
IMG_1919 (1024x768)
IMG_1964 (1024x768)
I am still on the look out for baskets, but other than that, oh, and maybe some crown moulding at the top, we can call it ‘finished’! YAY! I am so loving that the cubs now have a place for their jackets. They step up on the little ledge and hang them up. No excuses for leaving their jackets laying on the floor. Although to be completely honest, before I could take this picture, I did have to hang the oldest two’s jackets on the hooks. They had just dumped them on the ledge. So we still have some training to do…
IMG_2042 (768x1024)
As for the bench, I bought some 1x5 Fir boards, which I stained. I love the wood grain showing through!
IMG_1921 (1024x768)
And Voila!
IMG_1958 (1024x768)IMG_1959 (1024x768)
Yep, Love The Wood Grain!!
So that is a partial entrance update…
Want to know what’s happening with our fireplace? Well, come back in a little bit and I will have posted the update on the rest of the room…

2 comments:

  1. It looks so good Esther!! Good job my dear, you have done wonderful! And yea for updating!! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Entrance makeover! good work Esther and David and Cubs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments :)